Here are some of the many things found in coconut sugar that make it so good:
Coconut sugar contains iron, zinc, and calcium, which can have many health benefits, including stronger bones.
Nitrogen helps support the cardiovascular system and keep your heart healthy.
Since coconut sugar is just dehydrated coconut sap, it is considered a raw food, meaning it retains all of the rich antioxidants present in the original source. Antioxidants fight oxidation of body cells, which helps fight aging.
Short chain fatty acids
Coconut sugar contains healthy fats known to help prevent high cholesterol and heart disease.
Inulin is a type of dietary fiber that helps keep your gut healthy, prevent colon cancer, and balance your blood sugar.
While standard table sugar is pure sucrose, coconut sugar only contains around 75% sucrose. The remaining 25% is made up of nutrients, fiber and other “good things”. So for the same amount of sugar, you consume less of the “bad stuff” and simultaneously increase your nutrient intake!
Coconut sugar can replace regular table sugar in a 1: 1 ratio, which means it's easy to transition. However, it's similar to brown sugar when it comes to consistency, so be sure to give it a little extra time to melt or combine with other ingredients when cooking or baking with it.
You can use it in your morning coffee, in your favorite vegan dessert recipe, or in pretty much any other place where you would use regular sugar - so what are you waiting for ?!